Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wednesday June 8, 2011

Best breakfast EVER. I had an entire plated filled with fruit. There was pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, banana, and papaya.

VOLUNTEERIG:
Isabelle is sick again today. And instead of having an activity after the hour of play time outside and the second snack, they just played outside for 45 minutes more because the teachers from the infant side didn’t have anything planned for the kids to do. The activity in the morning was to match up flower petals onto the sheet of paper that had a drawing of a flower with numbers on it each petal. The petal pieces had dots on them 1-5 and the kids had to match up the dotted petals to the right number on the paper with the flower drawn on it. Another activity that I didn’t think would be hard but apparently it is for the little guys.

HOME:
When I came back for lunch, the knew Taiwanese student was there. Ingrid had told me that she thought he would only speak Spanish and Taiwanese. So I introduced myself in spanish and asked him his name. Apparently he speaks NO spanish. He didn’t even know how to say his name. Luckily he speaks English, Mandarain and 2 languages from Taiwan. He is 32 years old and just quit his job. I asked why and he said that Asains work to hard and the bosses expect to much from you. He has traveled many places for work. He studied English in a school in Canada. He spent a little too much time showing me every single picture of 2 of his trips to Spain. Yet some how he managed not to even learn how to say or respond to the simplest phrases like how are you and whats your name. Some were pretty but many were repetative. Ha o well!

I went back to my room to study for the night and there to great me was a very nice sized cock roach on my wall. I don’t mind bugs; however when they are where I sleep, that is when they become a problem. So I knocked on the Taiwanese’s door and asked if he was scared of bugs. Luckily he has seen a cockroach before in his country and calmly came in killed it and removed it. I would rather he had gently taken it out. But when that thing started moving and hid behind my luggage, I realized how fast they can move and was not okay with it getting closer to my beg. So sadly I let him take a sandle to it. I am now officially closing my door each time I leave the room. 2 times I have left it cracked, HUGE bugs have wandered in. I didn’t before because I have to bring my keys to open it because it locks automatically each time. But I will take the burdern of carrying my keys around the house in order to decrease my chances of welcoming a bug into my room. They still could crawl in under the door. But Im hoping that with the door closed they wont feel the inviting warmth coming from my room compared to the chilly outdoors (because parts of my house are open air). 

No comments:

Post a Comment