Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday June 10, 2011

VOLUNTEERING:
Isabelle, the preschool teacher,  wasnt in class for the third time this week. I asked Regina, the worker in the infant side, where Isabelle was. She didn’t know. I thought it was strange that she didn’t even have to call in. As a result of Isabelle being gone another day, Regina didn’t have any activities for the kids so all we did today was watch a pooh movie and play outside. But oh my goodness! Those kids when told to be quiet during the movie cannot keep quiet! 2 gossipy girls would not keep quiet and finally after literally at least the 7th time one of them got moved. I took my camera out today at recess to capture some pictures as the kids were playing. As soon as they saw it they were all over it. Everyone wanted to take a picture. Made me a little nervous having them fight over it at some points and even running. I tried my best to keep them from running and grabbing and pulling at the camera. Some of the pictures were so funny. Some couldn’t comprehend that their finger was in the way of the lens and wouldn’t move it. Others when taking a picture of people the first couple times would just completely cut of the head.

SPANISH CLASS:
It went well today. Im getting better at conversing and we spend a lot of time just sharing stories so I can practice my listening and speaking skills because we didn’t get any practice in classes in the US.

HOME:
There was another new student today in our house. Les is 23 from Alaska. He did his undergrad at U Cal- Berkley and was a Sigma Chi. He either going to NYU or Columbia for law school in the fall. The three students hung out in Chi-Chin’s room and then me and Les went to a bar. It used to be called Rileys but then it had to change its name due to some law thing and was now called Café 2000. It was called an Iris tavern still, even though there was NOTHING Irish about it. The most Irish thing was the Irish flag next to the the Irish Tavern writing. It was mega crowded and not my type of thing, but people watching was THE BEST here. There were the locals that come in from around the other cities to come and blow off steam. There were 50 year old gringos. Along with the young tourists.  Some of my favorite people include, a Guatemalan that was dressed in long sleeves and long pants, wearing a safari type hat and sunglasses when it was no where near bright and it was mega hot inside. Another was a 25-30 year old that was dancing by herself with her fannypack. It was QUITE interesting. 


Watched ¨Just Go With It¨ in english tonight after going out. I watched it in English first because I have never seen it. Perhaps later in Spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment