Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thursday June 2, 2011

Marina, my grandma, is having gallstones removed today at the hospital so I wrote her a good luck card with grammatical help from my teacher. Her surgery was at 8 am and she stayed at the hospital overnight for observation. It was done for free... I´m pretty sure, stuff gets lost in translation. And Ingrid said that they were American doctors that did the surgery and that there were tons of American/foreign volunteers at the hospital taking blood pressure and doing other things. It took 2 hours to hear how she was doing, but it went well. She is in some pain, but that is usual.


In class today we were still learning about the letter O. What I thought would be a simple activity turned out not to be. All they had to do was take a sheet of newspaper, twist it, and make the shape of an O and I would tape it for them. WOWZA! Took over 15 minutes to do. Also a thing I´ve noticed that kids aren´t good at is applying logic to puzzles. They dont realize that the straight edged pieces go on the outside and that they cant put an edge together with an inside piece.... they try and try again and fail each time. I try to explain that the straight goes on the outside but haven´t gotten it quite yet. Tis a bit frustrating for a puzzle enthusiast like myself.

Unfortunately on a walk during my Spanish classes, I found a wonderful place that sells over 20 different types of cookies... So far I´ve been 3 out of 3 days since I found it. Ooops. My favorite by far right now is coconut oatmeal. YUM!!!

After dinner tongiht, me Nataly and Emily played cards again. Unfortunately this time Emily, 6, wasn´t winning and was a bit mad... she was sent over the edge and I was laughing because she was complaining about having to play a card when she didn´t have to. Sadly this sent her into a raging scream and she started crying... of course all I could do was smile because it was over stupid card game and secondly she was crying over something she didnt have to do. She was sobbing saying I want to play.. when no one was telling her she couldn´t so I quickly rapped up that game with a purposeful loss and went to back to my room since I figured she was tired and thats why she cried. It was kind of funny though how quickly she can go from loving me and giving me hugs to hitting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment