Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tuesday June 7, 2011-- ATTEMPT at making peanut butter

VOLUNTEERING:

When I got on my normal 7:58 bus, I had a new driver and a new guy that collected the money. It was the same bus (each have their own decorations inside), but I was sad that the people changed.

At Common Hope, I went up to Maria Jesus’s office because on my schedule it said Tuesday June 9. But Tuesday was the 7th. Maria Jesus said that it was Thursday and that she just gets Thursday and Tuesday mixed up in English.

At class today, Isabelle was sick and Reigna taught class. They painted papr plates with water colors and then glued colored tissue paper square on the outside. They also played a game that was like simon says kind of. An example was the queen says bring me a white shoe or a sweatshirt and whoever could get it there the fastest won. For the snack, I ate the best pineapple I have EVER eaten. It was so sweet and juicy.

HOME:
After dinner  I tried to go to la Bodegona to get more minutes because I ran out. First of all turns out it costs Q1.85 per minute. Also when I gave him my number, he said it was bad. I thought that I could have entered it in wrong on the phone, because I saved my own number in the contacts because I have a horrible memory. But it turned out it was correct so I don{t know what the deal was. So I am phoneless. But  I did discover that I can receive calls if I do not have any money left on the phone. I just cant initiate the call or check my voicemail.

I tried studying but I went to bed at 8:30 because my eyes couldn’t stay open. It was my plan, and Im surprised that I followed through with it, to get up in the middle of the night and study when I am rested. I decided to do this because often Id wake up early and not be able to fall back asleep. This turned out to be a wonderful plan seeing usually I get tired around 8. I woke up on my own at 3 studied until 5 and slept until 7. It was the most I have studied in one sitting and the most rested I have felt the whole day long. While studying I made flashcards for every vocab word I had. I ran out of those but I have now 200 notecards of new words/phrases. Also I read from the spanish book and I also read 2 chapters from my English novel I am reading. Id say successful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment