Thursday, June 2, 2011

Monday, May 30 2011

I was back volunteering at school today because I was feeling much better. Today we started learning about the letter O. Twas really exciting for the kids.

At Spanish classes today, I went to put more money on my phone. Today it was triple your minutes day... what me and Kristen didn{t know for awhile was that when you buy your minutes are tripled, but also when you talk your money declines 3x as fast. On our jaunt around town, I got a tour on where the American fast food restaurants are. There is a Dominos which has 2 for 1s Monday-Thursday. Also there is a Burger King. But what is most amazing of all her is the McDonalds!!! You would think you were at a 4 star restaraunt the way this McDonalds looks. First of all there is a seperate McCafe to buy your coffee in a completely different room than the fast food. Not only are there tons of fancy drinks, but there are fancy banana bread, marble bread, cookies, AND whole cheesecakes and carrot cakes that look like you could purchase from a fancy bakery downtown. ALSO there is a garden about 4x the size of my family room and kitchen at home for those of you that know the size with seats/booths through out. There is a HUGE fountain in the center and to top it off inside there is a lion fountain with 4 foot bamboo shoots around it. Id eat there everyday just for the looks. I am for sure returning on Sunday when I dont have meals prepared for me at my house.

Tonight my grandma, Marina, ate dinner with us for the first time. And afterwards she was asking the girls if her show was on. I asked if I could watch, not knowing what it was. And it happened to be Dr. G Medical Examiner!!!!!.... in Spanish. This turned out to be perfectly fine surprisingly. I understood most of it and knew what each diagnosis was.

No comments:

Post a Comment