Monday, June 27, 2011

Wednesday June 22, 2011

VOLUNTEERING
I learned that Eduardo is not developmentally excelling. I took it as learning and body size. He is smaller and I have noticed to be spacey and not participate. Not because he doesn’t want to, he just has a hard time doing some of the activities. He looks more confused than bored. I wondered if they had any program to help him develop/any adaptions to try to help him thrive. He is one of my favorites. He is super kind and loving. He loves attention and never fights with anyone to get it though.

Again I asked Isabelle if she needed help. She asked me to draw a rainbow for Friday’s activity because in spanish rainbow starts with an A (arcoiris). I made sure this time to ask many times how to write the instructions. After I wrote the first one I made sure to have them read it before I made the rest.

As I was sitting writing the instructions Isabelle asked me when I leave. I told her a week from today was my last day. She asked me how I felt about leaving. I told her I wanted to see my friends but I really wanted to stay though. I told her about my job training when I get back. She asked when I would return to Guatemala and I told her I didn’t know. I told her I would love to come back next year but I didn’t know. She told me she could use more volunteers like me. She says she is uncomfortable asking them to help out. Sometimes they don’t play with the kids and just sit. She is doesn’t want to make them do something they don’t want to. It really made me feel good that she wanted me to stay.

While we were playing outside I got the ball stuck on the roof so I had to bring a table out, and but a stool on to of it and use a broom to get it down. Problem was I couldn’t see where the ball was so I was going off what other people were saying. We got it down luckily.

Banana bread was the snack. I was thrilled because the past 3 times were waffer crackers and jello both of which I hate.

ANTIGUA
I went movie shopping at the market and bought 9 DVDs. It took a long time to find ones that were in English and Spanish. Some aren’t fabulous quality but they are good enough. I also found where I bought the coconut from last time. Took some hunting but I eventually found it. I ran out of money but I plan on going back and stocking up on the DVDs

HOME
I bought Rio cause Emily wanted to watch it but couldn’t find her own copy. We watched a little bit of it and she got tired and restless at 8:30 so we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment