Monday, June 27, 2011

Suday June 19, 2011--drive back from Semuc

We left at 7 and stopped at McDonalds in Coban at 9:30. I finally gave in and bought peanut butter to go with my banana at a grocery store in the mall. This store was at least 10% cheaper than in Antigua. Granola bars there were 23 and at Antigua they were 28. I also got a blizzard because I have a weakness for icecream.

We stopped at the same place we got our snack at for lunch around 12:30. I got a pineapple smoothie made with milk and a half of a banana break and a pack of jelly beans. All was good except for the smoothie. Tasted like guatemalan milk and nothing else.

Got home at 4:20 and chilled until 7 when we met back up at Café Sky for dinner. There was new girl in our house from Germany so I invited her to come. I asked her what she prefers and she told me it didn’t matter Spanish or English. I forget her response but I think Ingrid told me Spanish so I went with that. But she speaks English to Chi-Chan so I am at a loss of what to use. At Café Sky I didn’t want to spend that much money so I split the nachos AGAIN but this time we through in a Quesadilla. It was the first time I have had a flour tortilla and cheddar cheese in at least 5 weeks. It was the most phenomenal thing I have ever had.

I met an alumn from U of M. Orginally from SD and did her undergrad and graduate at U of M. She taught in English in Costa Rica for the past 2 years and was swinging by Guatemala before she starts working at a Spanish Emersion school in SLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment