Monday, June 27, 2011

Wednesday June 15, 2011

VOLUNTEERING
June 17th is Father’s Day here so they started the first half of the father’s day gift. It is a key chain made out of a block of wood provided by the construction yard. They wrote the dad’s name on it with a finger print along with te amo on the otherside. When asking for the father’s name, many kids didn’t have fathers so they had to use a grandpa, uncle or cousin’s name. It was shocking in a way but also not because these kids are here because their family needs help. I was sent to the construction yard to find varnish. I was sent on a goose chase for a man named esteban and the final place I asked I found him and he didn’t even have it. The teachers asked me to buy some. But when I asked ingrid she told me itd be hard to find and so I didn’t get it.

SPANISH CLASS
Didn’t write for a while so I forgot what we did.

ANTIGUA
I met up with two random kids I talked with in the school one day, Maggie(17) and Kevin (20). ORrignally from Texas and living in North Carolina. Kevin is actually good friends with Kristen, the girl that stayed in my house.  They agreed to go on the trip to Semuc Champey. So we met up and made a down payment for our trip at the travel agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment