Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tuesday, June 30 2011

At volunteering today, there was only one teacher so I was able to help more with the kids.


And thats about the most exciting thing that happened today.. ha everything is pretty routine.

Oh! I lied. I knew I was going to miss my bus because I saw it rounding the corner and I was in the middle of the block, not at the bus stop. So I decided to give it a pathetic run... and here they actually stopped for me in the middle of the block and asked if I needed a ride!!!! It was AMAZING!!!!  Nesha---the cranky Number 2 bus driver would NEVER do anything like that. If he were to say anything, it would be a laugh in my face as he drove off. 

Note:
1. All the kids here wear uniforms public or private.
2. They only go to school for like 4-5 hours a day. They are always walking home around 12/1 when I am getting off volunteering/walking to Spanish class.
3. There is a guy that walks along the main roads picking up trash with tongs. Other places that arent touristy can be completely trashed with garbage EVERYWHERE. Its interesting that they take the time and resources to make the streets pretty for the tourists.
4. Forgot what day this was... but a guy at my bus stop was from Hondorus and spoke pretty good English. He told me he needed someone to give his heart to and asked if I would give a little bit of my heart to him. I almost puked on the spot/died laughing at the cheesey-ness. He also said I looked beautiful... with a burnt pealing face, baggy pants, a sweatshirt, hair up not washed for the day, no make up, and to top it off glasses. Twas a bit funny. 
5. My teacher said that people here dont trust the police, or the justice system or the government. She said there is lots of corruption. She said that you can bribe a police officer out of a speeding ticket. Also that the presidenential candidates all most likely have a connection some sort of drug group because it costs money to advertise and they cant pay it all out of pocket. So when in office the president needs to [repay] the drug people so they look the other way with certain things and let them carry on with their dealings.
6. Key boards here are difficult to type something with an English punctuation so sorry for my lack of appostraphies and quotations. Also there is no spell check in English hence all my spelling errors so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment